struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Rest Plugin + IndexController and disabling content types
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:20:56 GMT
rakeshxp wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have 2 questions regarding the struts-rest plugin ( 2.1.3-snapshot)
>
> 1) How can I write a controller that will handle the request on "/" ( i.e
> http://www.myhost.com )?

No, there isn't.

If you substitute the CodeBehind plugin for the Convention plugin, then
you can (probably) use an IndexConroller for that. I haven't attempted
it myself.
The Convention plugin is in the sandbox (not released, and not likely to
be until 2.2.x) but Musachy made it work with the rest plugin.

Otherwise, create a custom ActionMapper that detects that URI.  I create
a simple one in an application that instead of returning null (action
not found), just returned "index"; if an IndexController exists it will
be invoked.

I've found the CompoundActionMapper quite useful to split conventions
rather than extending the RestActionMapper.

> 2) As I understand, the rest plugin by default handles XML and JSON
> extensions too ( http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/rest-plugin.html ) . Is
> there a way to disable these extensions ? ( Other than overriding
> struts.rest.handlerOverride.EXTENSION and providing a dummy implementation )
>
> Thanks!

You can probably change the struts.action.extension property back so one
that excludes xml and json.
Otherwise I don't think there's a way to disable an existing
ContentTypeHandler other than the way you suggest.
Eventually this will need to be controlled on a per package or per
action case.