struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Some Idea On REST mapping
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 13:03:02 GMT
Ryan Wong wrote:
> I have changed the rest action mapper class to apply Ruby Style .
> there is draft, post here to find a better way to build RESTful app with
> struts2

I thought the RestActionMapper was already a copy of the RoR
convention?  I think it already matches all your mappings except "new"
is called "editNew". I'm no expert though.

> Besides, you could use Parameters and Parameter annotations with Regular
> Expression to support custom url pattern and Request Parameter Mapping.
> @Parameters( { @Parameter(pattern = "page/(\\w+)", property = "page") })
> public class TopicsController(){ }
>
> thus,
>
>   get http://localhost/namespace/controller/page/1
>

> will call controller's index() method with parameter {page=1}

Sounds interesting. While it makes for a nice URL, some may argue
against including params for a resource like this..
For params before the Controller (in the namespace) you may appreciate
the NamedVariablePatternMatcher.