struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: REST plug-in & Tiles
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 01:41:40 GMT
stanlick wrote:
> Does the plug-in support tiles definition names in its search?

No.  It was discussed briefly once in srtuts-dev that the codebehind
plugin & tiles plugin together could support tiles naming conventions.
eg. if OrderController.show() is invoked then search for a tile called
(prefix.order-show).

I think that would be generally useful whether used with REST or not.

However the main reason I use tiles results is because they're easy to
override (eg. by theme and or locale). When I started to look deeper
into the this I saw the codebehind or convention plugin could easily do
the same when selecting results...so I've start to ween myself off tiles
results and try to head towards zero configuration by following the
convention.  I've found I still need a lot of @Result annotations though
so its not there yet.