struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: JBoss 5 RC1 and Struts 2 : Simple validation error (URI scheme is not "file")
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 05:38:51 GMT
Bobby Mitch wrote:
> Well,
> I upgraded to the beta version and I am getting errors in the struts-tags.tld file that
i extracted from struts2-core-2.1.2.tld and put under WEB-INF/

Upgrading to 2.1.2 is a major effort, so I don't recommend that (too
late...).  You'll have to read the release notes and migration guide on
the download page.
Downgrading to 2.0.11.1 sounds reasonable if there's an actual
explanation for it.

I'm not familiar with the exception but I recommend one of these approaches:
 - change the DOCTYPE to reference a SYSTEM URI.  It appears to not like
that there's a URI using http. Perhaps change it to FILE and point to a
local copy.
 - create an XML catalog file so the URI's are all registered on the
local machine (so it doesn't have to validate using an external file).

Here's the tutorial I follow:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/WriteCatalog.html
(it relates to DocBook XML but the principle applies)

Hope that helps.
 Jeromy Evans