struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: [struts] Stream Windows Executable From Linux Machine
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 15:00:59 GMT
Gabriel Belingueres wrote:
> I wonder if all that MIME descriptive data in the HTTP response is
> part of the "message body", and if that's the case, I suppose it is
> better always NOT specify any content length at all in the stream
> result.

If you do not specify the content length in the stream result, your
stream will be requested twice (each request is required to provide an
independent stream -- a frequent source of bugs for people that don't
realize it), one of which will be read through it's entirety just to
find the length, the other will be used to actually send out the data.

-Dale