struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: JBoss 5 RC1 and Struts 2 : Simple validation error (URI scheme is not "file")
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:56:47 GMT

Bobby Mitch wrote:
> hi,
> thanks for the explanations.
>
> "Which means if you work from a snapshot version of xwork it's fixed
> (which is a 2.1 stream though, which you don't want)."
>
> What do you mean here ?

I didn't realise you could move to 2.1.x.  It's not a trivial migration
normally. A link to the migration guide is provided below.

There's two options.
1. build it from source, which is pretty easy as all the dependencies
are resolved automatically.  This is your most reliable option.

*Actually, there is no second option.  I can't find xwork-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT
for download anywhere.

2. download the snapshot jars from the following locations:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.3-SNAPSHOT/
or
(and parent directory/plugins for the necessary plugins)
and then download the xwork-2.1.2-SNAPSHOT binary from....ahhh....I
don't know. I can't find it anywhere.

I'd just check out the source.
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/building-the-framework-from-source.html

Migration guide: