struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geText from Action encodes html entities
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:34:43 GMT
Wouldn't a property file normally contain an escaped unicode value for "ó"? That aside--is
getText() itself doing the escaping, or is it being escaped on the JSP side through a property
tag? (I don't remember if getText escapes; I didn't think that it did.)

(I'm also not sure about encoding a property file as UTF-8; IIRC they're assuming to contain
ISO 8859-1 data.)

Dave