struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [S2] One hidden value doesn't get submitted (another one does). Why?
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:41:27 GMT
--- On Mon, 9/1/08, Ylva Degerfeldt wrote:
> [...] the List (using "#session.nameOfList") and for [...]

If you're always iterating over the list in the session then you'll always get the values
from the list in the session. If your action doesn't change the data in the session list you'll
always see the same thing.

OTOH, it's possible I skipped a couple paragraphs and missed the essence of the problem.

> [...] (I mean just this "session and Action thing")?

If you mean "how do I get the list into the JSP the first time" then that's what the Preparable
interface is for.

All of this aside, I think you'd be far better served by not re-rendering the page and either
have hidden input elements, or create an input element, or use Ajax.

Dave