struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException with Validation Messages
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:20:01 GMT
Ah; there we go. The attached validation file in JIRA didn't have the "key" attribute; threw
me off.

You're accessing the login page via the JSP, right? That won't work. You should access it
through an action so there's an action on the stack so the getText() can be called on something
that exists.

You can either configure a class-less action in the XML or get at it through dynamic method
invocation:

/${context}/login!input.action

Dave