struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Model Driven Tutorial/Howto
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 13:33:35 GMT
--- On Tue, 9/2/08, Roger wrote:
> The parameter "name" in the test case exists in the model
> (TestQuotation) but not in the action (TestAction) and
> Struts2 bleats in the Tomcat logs. It's definitely being
> set in the model

Like I said, it can be ignored, and the link I provided seems to indicate that the log level
of the message was changed.

Ah, you're using paramsPrepareParams... so the reason you're seeing the message is that the
paramsPrepareParams stack has one of its params interceptors before modelDriven.

This means the model won't have been pushed on the stack yet when the first params hits, so
the first time through it'll attempt to set the parameter on the action.

The second time params is hit the model is on the stack, so no error. Adding a field to the
JSP not available in either the action or model will demonstrate the behavior.

Dave