struts-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Luis Zúñiga Sibaja" <carlosluiszun...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Initialize additional components when the Struts 2 Engine starts
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:12:44 GMT
Hi All,

I'm starting a Struts 2 project and there are some tasks (check for the DB
version, correctness of the schema, etc.) I'd like to perform when the
webapp inits. I'd like to execute these tasks right when the Struts engine
starts, because I'd like to get advantage from the Spring IoC context that
get's initilize along side the Struts engine.
Does anybody have an idea on how can I do this? I looked at the wiki and the
DispatcherListener interface is mentioned, I tried implementing it and
registering the listener on a static block, using
Dispatcher.addDispatcherListener, but is does not seem to run. This is
example code for the class:

import org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.DispatcherListener;
import org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher;

public class StrutsConfigurator {

  static {
    Dispatcher.addDispatcherListener(new DispatcherListener() {

      public void dispatcherInitialized(Dispatcher du) {
        System.out.println("It's aliveeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
      }

      public void dispatcherDestroyed(Dispatcher du) {
      }
    });
  }
}