struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic form fields with s:div and ajax
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:15:38 GMT

from what I've heard an Action cannot return the same identical result more than one time
since you want to create Action Classes on the fly
I would suggest a workaround is to use a plugin which can create Action classes for you
org.springframework.web.struts.ContextLoaderPlugInmatt tested it out some years back and reports
good results
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/api/index.html

Implementation details are located at
http://struts.sourceforge.net/struts-spring/index.html

anyone?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:53:00 +0200
> From: hkropp@microlution.de
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Dynamic form fields with s:div and ajax
>
> Hello Gainty,
>
> thanks for your reply and effort!
>
> I do specify the href as <s:url id="getListOfObjects" action="addObject"
> />. Sorry I left that out. This calls the AddObjectAction, which
> populates the List of objects in the prepare method. This works greate!
> But I simply cant target the div with the action in the div.
>
> In your doc you use a static jsp where I use the Action to render the
> jsp and initialize a List of objects. Than I want the same div and the
> same Action to render the same jsp with the previously initialized List
> of objects and in the action do something to the List either delete or
> add an object. And either way I try its not working.
>
> Targeting the same div (in your doc 'one') results in not having the
> list on the request. Using the formId results in not getting the the
> list on the request. I know it works if I leave out the target on the
> div (in your doc 'one') but still the div needs to be rendered again to
> make it visible. It works when I target a different div. But how do
> override the other div.
>
> regards
>
> Martin Gainty schrieb:
> > from doc located at http://www.roseindia.net/struts/struts2/struts2uitags/div.shtml
> > you would either need to specify where the href value is coming from
> >
> >     <s:div
> >       id="one"
> >       theme="ajax"
> >       href="%{test}">
> >

> > OR
> >

> > use the supplied value from property
> >
> >       Output:
> >       Firstname :
> >

> > for results returned from action class populating a div tag
> > Div 1
> >

> > Martin

> > Disclaimer and confidentiality note
> > Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of
Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution
to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained
within this transmission.