struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: geText from Action encodes html entities
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:54:41 GMT

the properties file will contain the properly encoded stringsassuming your xml configuration
files have UTF-8 set for characterEncoding?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>you
can setCharacterEncoding by sending it thru a filter (before the Action classes are called)
http://ianpurton.com/struts-utf-8-and-form-submissions/
?Martin ______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission. > Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 06:34:43 -0700> From: newton.dave@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: geText from Action encodes html entities> To: user@struts.apache.org> >
Wouldn't a property file normally contain an escaped unicode value for "ó"? That aside--is
getText() itself doing the escaping, or is it being escaped on the JSP side through a property
tag? (I don't remember if getText escapes; I didn't think that it did.)> > (I'm also
not sure about encoding a property file as UTF-8; IIRC they're assuming to contain ISO 8859-1
data.)> > Dave> > --- On Mon, 9/1/08, Esteve Camps Chust <ecamps@gmail.com>
wrote:> > I'm having a problem when using getText action method.> > This method
gets a> > text from package.properties file. Its value is an spanish> > text,
containing> > some encoded chars (for instance, estaci&oacute;n, for> > 'estación').
When> > displaying this I get 'estaci&amp;on.> > > > My package.properties
files is UTF-8 enconded. May you help> > me with a> > solution?> > >