struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: prepare action for input after validation errors
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 01:47:31 GMT

you can return the result you desire from the Action which implements parameterNameAware interceptor

<action name="someAction" class="com.examples.SomeAction">
    <interceptor-ref name="params"/>
    <result name="success">good_result.ftl</result>
</action>
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/parameters-interceptor.html

Bon Chance,
Martin

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:02:49 +0200
> From: jnizet@free.fr
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: prepare action for input after validation errors
>
> I don't have any input method. I have a displayForm method, and a submitForm method.

> The displayForm method returns an input *result*, which is a default result pointing
to a JSP. This JSP has to display some data coming from the database. I'd like this same JSP
to be displayed when the input *result* is returned by the workflow interceptor after validation
fails. My problem is that I don't know how to make Struts get the data necessary to render
the input JSP. This data is prepared by the displayForm action method when it's displayed
initially, but when the form is submitted and a validation error occurs, Struts goes directly
to the input JSP without calling any action or other method. There is no (AFAIK) equivalent
of the prepare interceptor for *results*.

> The way that seems to be suggested by the documentation is to prepare the data by calling
an action from the JSP itself, but I don't like this solution very much because, if the data
preparation method throws an exception, it won't be handled correctly (since the HTML has
already been partly sent to the browser).

but this is discouraged by the doc (see http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/action-chaining.html).