struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Model Driven Tutorial/Howto
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:22:02 GMT

> > > That's kinda why I was asking for a tutorial/howto for> > > beginners
before I make an idiot of myself - particularly> > > in light of my recent post in
the <s:select> tag :-(> >> > Since it's already too late you might as well
post it then ;)> >> > I don't know of any tutorials, although I'm sure there are
some out there.> > Consider it a golden opportunity to write one and become (mildly)
famous.> >> > Really, if your action implements ModelDriven, you have the interceptor
in> > the stack, and the form input elements are named appropriately there> >
shouldn't be any issue, and my simple sanity check couldn't reproduce what> > you're
seeing (or at least I didn't get anything other than typical> > debug/info statements
in the log).> >> One of the (many) messages I'm seeing is;> 02-Sep-2008 00:03:39
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters> SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor
- [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught > setting 'addressLine1' on 'class com.vasilikon.HomeInsurance_1Action:
Error > setting expression 'addressLine1' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@1980c26'>
> If I really shouldn't be seeing this, I'll try and strip things down to give a > simple
example.tough call without knowing if you implemented ordered parameter or implement Preparable
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.6/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/interceptor/ParametersInterceptor.html
so setting ordered:The interceptor takes one parameter named 'ordered'. When set to true action
properties are guaranteed to be set top-down which means that top action's properties are
set first.
or implement Preparable pattern:Without any assumption on parameter order you have to use
patterns like 'Preparable'.
looking forward to seeing your tutorialMartin> Regards> > --------------------------------------------------------------------->