struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Belingueres" <belingue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stream Windows Executable From Linux Machine
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 13:11:52 GMT
I was actually intrigued by the fact that the content length in the
stream result is actually setting the content-length HTTP header [1],
which from the HTTP doc it represents the "message body length", but
I'm not sure that the message body length is EXACTLY the same as the
attached file size.

I wonder if all that MIME descriptive data in the HTTP response is
part of the "message body", and if that's the case, I suppose it is
better always NOT specify any content length at all in the stream
result.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.13