struts-user mailing list archives

From "Wes Wannemacher" <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Include menu action with sitemesh
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:54:48 GMT
You're right, <sx: is 2.1, in 2.0.x, the ajax theme was bundled.

What theme are you using? What does your <s:head /> tag look like?
Have you tried loading up in Firebug?

-Wes

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:54 AM, David Loup <David.Loup@performgroup.com> wrote:
> Hi Wes,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Am using Struts 2.0.11, so I tried:
>
> <s:url id="menuUrl" namespace="/menu" action="menu"/>
> <s:div id="menuDiv" href="%{menuUrl}" />
>
> Since I think sx tags only work with the Dojo plugin in Struts 2.1.
>
> However, I'm not getting any error (Java or JS), but the DIV remains desperately empty.
>
> Any idea?

actions, including a static menu in a div.

>> So something like
>> <ul>
>> <li>menuitem 1 </li>
>> <li>menuitem 2 </li>
>> <li>menuitem 3 </li>
>> </ul>
>> <decorator:body />
>>
>> What I want to do is make that menu build dynamically to have, in spirit:

>>  <s :action name=menu/>
>> <decorator:body />
>>
>> I have my menu action, which works, to display menu content in a separate JSP. How
can I "include" that action's execution in my decorator to get the desired effect ?

>> Thanks

>> CONFIDENTIALITY - This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential,
may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If this has come to you in error, you must not copy, distribute,
disclose or use any of the information it contains. Please notify the sender immediately and
delete them from your system.

>> SECURITY - Please be aware that communication by email, by its very nature, is not
100% secure and by communicating with Perform Group by email you consent to us monitoring
and reading any such correspondence.

>> VIRUSES - Although this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer
viruses, the sender accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of a computer
virus and it is the recipients responsibility to ensure that email is virus free.

>> AUTHORITY - Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
sender and do not necessarily represent those of Perform Group.

>> COPYRIGHT - Copyright of this email and any attachments belongs to Perform Group,
Companies House Registration number 6324278.

> CONFIDENTIALITY - This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential, may
be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If this has come to you in error, you must not copy, distribute, disclose
or use any of the information it contains. Please notify the sender immediately and delete
them from your system.

> SECURITY - Please be aware that communication by email, by its very nature, is not 100%
secure and by communicating with Perform Group by email you consent to us monitoring and reading
any such correspondence.

> VIRUSES - Although this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses,
the sender accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of a computer virus and
it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that email is virus free.

> AUTHORITY - Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the sender
and do not necessarily represent those of Perform Group.

> COPYRIGHT - Copyright of this email and any attachments belongs to Perform Group, Companies
House Registration number 6324278.

Wesley Wannemacher
President, Head Engineer/Consultant
WanTii, Inc.