struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Loading message resources properties from a database
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:13:45 GMT
laredotornado wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Struts 1.  We want to load our message resources properties,
> currently defined in our struts-config.xml file:
>
> <message-resources parameter="MessageResources" />
>
> from a database.  Now of course, they are in a file called
> "MessageResources.properties".  What is the proper way to do this?

You need to add a factory= attribute and point it to a custom
implementation of MessageResourcesFactory [1] that can load resource
bundles from your database. You can probably find example
implementations in the list archives if you need some further pointers.

L.

[1]
http://struts.apache.org/1.3.9/apidocs/org/apache/struts/util/MessageResourcesFactory.html