struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Lindholm <glindh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Preserving messages across a Redirect in Struts 2
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:36:13 GMT

Ganesh123 wrote:

>          Excellent work. i am looking for the same solution. i tried
> implementing your interceptor , but  it is throwing exception ...
>   "java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Don't use default servlet
> session".
>
> near session.setAttribute(ACTION_MESSAGES_KEY,actionMessages);

Very strange, I've never seen a session where setAttribute() throws an
UnsupportedOperationException.  (And whats a "default servlet session"?)
I can only guess it's something to do with your container environment.

You had better post your configuration information; platform, container,
cluster setup? etc. maybe someone on the list can help.

Here are the relevant lines of code from the interceptor.

ActionContext actionContext = invocation.getInvocationContext();
HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
  actionContext.get(StrutsStatics.HTTP_REQUEST);
HttpSession session = request.getSession(false);
if (session != null)
{
  Collection actionMessages = validationAware.getActionMessages();
  if (actionMessages != null && actionMessages.size() > 0)
  {
    session.setAttribute(ACTION_MESSAGES_KEY, actionMessages);
  }
}