struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gundersen, Richard" <Richard.Gunder...@london-scottish.com>
Subject RE: Unit Testing Advice
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:02:41 GMT

Manchester
M2 3LS

-----Original Message-----
From: Gundersen, Richard [mailto:Richard.Gundersen@london-scottish.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 4:34 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Unit Testing Advice

Hi

I just have one smallish question: for some reason my
messages.properties isn't being loaded. It's configured in struts.xml

<constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources" value="messages" />

...and I know that file is generally working because all the other
Struts stuff is working. I'm getting this when my unit test runs (just
at the point when it tries to load an error message from the resource
bundle)

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.LocalizedTextUtil.findText(LocalizedTextUti
l.java:431)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.LocalizedTextUtil.findText(LocalizedTextUti
l.java:293)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.TextProviderSupport.getText(TextProviderSupport.
java:173)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.TextProviderSupport.getText(TextProviderSupport.
java:88)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport.getText(ActionSupport.java:71)

Any ideas please?

As a responsible corporate citizen, London Scottish Bank plc asks you to
consider the environment before printing this email.

*** Disclaimer ***

This electronic communication is confidential and for the exclusive use
of the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information.
The information, attachments and opinions contained in this E-mail are
those of its author only and do not necessarily represent those of
London Scottish Bank PLC or any other members of the London Scottish
Group.

If you are not the intended addressee, you are prohibited from any
disclosure, distribution or further copying or use of this communication
or the information in it or taking any action in reliance on it. If you
have received this communication in error please notify the Information
Security Manager at ISM@London-Scottish.com as soon as possible and
delete the message from all places in your computer where it is stored.

We utilise virus scanning software but we cannot guarantee the security
of electronic communications and you are advised to check any
attachments for viruses. We do not accept liability for any loss
resulting from any corruption or alteration of data or importation of
any virus as a result of receiving this electronic communication.

Replies to this E-mail may be monitored for operational or business
reasons. London Scottish Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority.

London Scottish Bank plc, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate, Manchester
M3 3NW Registered Number 973008 England.

Subsidiary Companies:-

London Scottish Finance Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate,
Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 233259 England.

London Scottish Broking Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate,
Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 230110 England.

Robinson Way & Company Limited, Registered Office: 201 Deansgate,
Manchester M3 3NW Registered Number 885896 England.