struts-user mailing list archives

From "Burton Rhodes" <burtonrho...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I access static member variable from application scope object?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:27:35 GMT
I hope this isn't a "basic java" question, but I am having a hard time
figuring out why I can't access a static member variable from a class
in the application scope in my jsp file.  Really appreacite any help!

---- JSP excerpt below -------

<!-- This work because "xactionStatusLookups" is a NON-STATIC member
variable -->
<s:select
name="searchCriteria.xactionStatusId"
list="%{#application['scMyAppProperties'].xactionStatusLookups}"
listKey="xactionStatusId"
listValue="name"
/>

<!-- This DOES NOT work because "xactionStatusLookups" is a STATIC
member variable -->
<s:select
name="searchCriteria.xactionSourceId"
list="%{#application['scMyAppProperties'].xactionSourceLookups}"
listKey="xactionSourceId"
listValue="name"
/>