struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject launching some code after action execution and before result
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 20:29:34 GMT
Is this possible somehow in the struts2 framework?

I'd like to execute some code for all requests after the action has executed,
but before the result, the JSP and all are processed.

The code will look at the result type from the action and do some work based on
that.

Something like an interceptor would be great, but obviously the interceptor
framework doesn't enable me to do anything at that particular stage.

I am using Tiles and I guess a bit of research there will show up something I
can employ, but I'd rather have the code logically nearer the Action class -
actually on the action class would be ideal since that's where I already have
the various managers and entities.

Thanks
Adam