struts-user mailing list archives

From Celinio Fernandes <cel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Message properties not displaying
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:36:03 GMT
hey Gordian Yuan,
you were right.

In struts.properties i set struts.ui.theme=simple

In my JSP, if i use the theme xhtml, like this:
<s:label key="personBean.firstName" theme="xhtml" />
then it works.

What does it mean ?
Messages are not displayed with the SIMPLE theme ?

Thanks

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, Gordian Yuan <gordianyuan@gmail.com> wrote:
From: Gordian Yuan <gordianyuan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Message properties not displaying
Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 10:26 PM

Hi, Celinio
do you declare
<constant name="struts.ui.theme" value="simple" />
or
<s:from theme="simple"></s:from> ?

you can simple try <s:label key="personBean.firstName" theme="xhtml" />

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Celinio Fernandes <cel975@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to display a label using messages in a property file src/global-messages.properties
:

personBean.firstName=Your first name

(The default locale i am using is en_US)

In struts.xml i declared it :

  <constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources" value="global-messages" />

In a JSP i try do display a label :

<s:label key="personBean.firstName" />

The HTML code generated is :

 <label id="personBean_firstName"></label>

The text is missing.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be ?

Thanks