struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sykes <a.sy...@ucl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Please help! Validation Errors
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:19:28 GMT
Faraz,

When using validation, the input result tells Struts where to dispatch/
redirect to if there's a validation error. When you submit the form,
Struts checks the fields against the validation XML - if there's an
error, it adds FieldError objects to the FieldErrors object on the
value stack, and dispatches to the JSP (or other resource) defined in
the input result element. This is nearly always the JSP containing the
form you submitted from.

You have to have a <result name="input"> because Struts has to know
where to redirect in the event of a validation error.

Not sure what you mean by the last bit of your question..

Andy.