struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Benedict" <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Manage Sessions in Struts
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 01:43:55 GMT
Oh, my apologies. I thought the discussion revolved around preventing
the same person from having multiple sessions.

If you want to just prevent multiple views, you need to integrate
Spring WebFlow.

Paul

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Sun, 11/30/08, Paul Benedict wrote:
>> I've seen this kind of solution before. When a user logs
>> in, you need to write them into a database -- either in
>> memory or disk -- and then do not allow the same user to
>> log in again until the previous session expires. You want
>> to use a session listener for this to detect expired sessions.
>
> I'm not sure that solves the problem of multiple session "views" in browsers that make
new tabs/windows as non-new connections/sessions, though--I think those have to be handled
with a sort of token mechanism.