struts-user mailing list archives

From "David C. Hicks" <dhi...@i-hicks.org>
Subject Re: To .action or not to .action.
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:14:49 GMT
We don't really care whether Struts wants a ".action", or not.  However,
it's confusing when it seems to pick up the behavior based on the URL
you used to enter into the system in the first place.  Both URL's that I
posted in the original note work, but the resulting behavior after the
fact is different.  That's the part that I'm more concerned about.
Here's an example of one of the links created on a page:

    <s:url id="deleteUrl" namespace="/customer" action="delete"
includeParams="none"/>

AFAIK, nothing in this implies that the URL should have an ".action"
suffix, but if I start my session by going to "login.action" this URL
will have that suffix.  If I start without the .action, it won't.  Is
there maybe some way to force Struts to do it one way or the other?  I
would prefer that the URLs generated be determinant.

Musachy: No, as far as I can tell, we are not using the Convention plugin.