struts-user mailing list archives

From Arshan Dabirsiaghi <arshan.dabirsia...@owasp.org>
Subject UI tags encoding/stripping behavior
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:14:06 GMT
I'm a Struts1 guy who just started researching Struts2. Is there any place
where the encoding and stripping behavior of the UI tags is located? I've
done a fair bit of Googling and downloaded the source code, but I can't find
any correlating logic. If I send the following string as a parameter that is
shown on a JSP with <s:textfield>, should the expected value be blank?

You can test this on the showcase demo with the following URL (domain, port
may have to be customized):

http://localhost:8080/struts2-showcase-2.1.6/tags/ui/example!input.action?name=!@$%^*()_+-={}|[]\:";'<>?,./

I'm interested to figure out how these UI tags all handle special
characters, and any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Arshan