struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lee Clemens" <j...@leeclemens.net>
Subject RE: Multiselect tags
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:30:35 GMT
If you are trying to make a cascading drop down, you can do so with the
doubleselect tag.

One way to implement:
Create a class, CascDropDown, with getters and setters for value, label and
subList.
subList is a List of objects, DropDown, with getters and setters for value
and label.

If you have values A, B in the first dropdown and want to show 1, 2, 3 when
A is selected and 10, 11, 12 if B is selected:

Create List of DropDown objects from above with value/labels of 1, 2 and 3 -
then add the List to the CascDropDown object and set the value/label to "A".

Do the same with 10, 11, 12 as the subList and the value/label set to "B"

Add those two CascDropDown objects to a list, called myCascDropDown, and put
a getter in your action.

<s:doubleselect name="formAttrib0" doubleName="forAttrib1"
                        list=" myCascDropDown" doubleList="subList"
                        listKey="value" doubleListKey="value"
                        listValue="label" doubleListValue="label"/>

When you select "A" - "1", "2" and "3" should appear in the second dropdown.