struts-user mailing list archives

From wkbutler <kent.but...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: For s:textfield tag how to get value for title attribute from resource bundle.
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 03:45:31 GMT

Yep I did find that, thanks.  What I've realized is that I have the OGNL
double-evaluation problem.  I'm really trying to get this result for the
s:textfield label:

              label="%{getText('%{formQuestion.question.questionKey}')}"

which of course is not legal, but I guess I'm somewhat surprised that

              label="getText('%{formQuestion.question.questionKey}')"

doesn't get what I need, even though I guess it's technically identical to
the previous AFAIK.  The struts docs here
(http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/tag-syntax.html)  are a little vague on
this layered use, but I am seeing if I can get some insight from the OGNL
docs (http://www.opensymphony.com/ognl/html/LanguageGuide/paren.html).

I did try a helper tag like

   <s:set name="labelVal"
value="getText('%{formQuestion.question.questionKey}')"/>

but no luck.

Thanks for wading through my babble. I had my kids in the office today.  lol