struts-user mailing list archives

From mathias-ewald <nitehoax...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Login mechanism - preserve Action parameters
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 19:33:57 GMT

Hi,

newton.dave wrote:

> Have you considered using an interceptor for determining whether or not
> the user is logged in? Actions requiring login can be marked with an
> interface, annotation, etc. IMO this is a substantially cleaner
> architecture.

Okay - I didn't really care about interceptors yet. Maybe its time to do
that now.

newton.dave wrote:

> I'd also *strongly* discourage tying your actions to Hibernate like
> this; it makes testing more difficult than necessary and introduces an
> unnecessary level of coupling.

What do you suggest? Abstracting Hibernate from the Actions placing a data
access object in between? This is a university project I have to finish
untill 22nd July - I am definitly not going to do any testing ;)

newton.dave wrote:

> All that said, I'm not really sure which parameters aren't being
> preserved--are you doing a redirect?

One Action, for example, receives a parameter with the URL. The BaseAction
the shows the Login and returns to the same Action. After that the parameter
is gone.

cu
mathias