struts-user mailing list archives

From <surya.mulak...@wipro.com>
Subject Re: Global Exception Handling in struts2
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:27:25 GMT
Hi,

We are using struts2.1.6, Spring and Hibernate in our application. For
handling exceptions in application, we are using global exception
mappings in struts2. Whenever an exception is coming in the application
it is taking us to required action and the functionality is working .
But in weblogic server logs we are getting following error :
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already committed
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.objectIfCommitted(ServletR
esponseImpl.java:1462)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.sendError(ServletResponseI
mpl.java:601)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.sendError(Dispatcher.java:725)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:4
85)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher
.java:395)

when we try to analyze the problem in debug mode of weblogic server, it
is coming from interceptor
 WebAppServletContext.execute(ServletRequestImpl, ServletResponseImpl)
line: 2032 .

can anybody help me to remove this error from application?
below i' m providing the struts.xml configuration for global exception
handling

<global-results>
<result name="globalError" type="chain">
ExceptionHandle
</result>

</global-results>

<global-exception-mappings>
<exception-mapping exception="java.lang.Exception" result="globalError"
/>
</global-exception-mappings>

<action name="ExceptionHandle" class="common.action.ExceptionHandler">
<interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
<result name="globalError" type="tiles">main.error</result>
</action>

Thanks and Regards,
Surya

of this message and any attachments.