struts-user mailing list archives

From <surya.mulak...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Global Exception Handling in struts2
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:57:14 GMT
Yeah. I have seen it.
But I'm not able to understand what you are trying to say.
I'm new to struts2.

Thanks and Regards,
Surya

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Newton [mailto:newton.dave@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:27 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Global Exception Handling in struts2

Did you see the rest of the comment I put in JIRA?

Dave

surya.mulakala@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using struts2.1.6, Spring and Hibernate in our application. For

> handling exceptions in application, we are using global exception
> mappings in struts2. Whenever an exception is coming in the
> application it is taking us to required action and the functionality
is working .
> But in weblogic server logs we are getting following error :
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already committed
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.objectIfCommitted(Servle
> tR
> esponseImpl.java:1462)
>         at
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.sendError(ServletRespons
> eI
> mpl.java:601)
>         at

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.sendError(Dispatcher.java:725)
>         at
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java
> :4
> 85)
>         at
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatch
> er
> .java:395)
>
> when we try to analyze the problem in debug mode of weblogic server,
> it is coming from interceptor
> WebAppServletContext.execute(ServletRequestImpl, ServletResponseImpl)
> line: 2032 .
>
> can anybody help me to remove this error from application?
> below i' m providing the struts.xml configuration for global exception

> handling
>

> <global-results>
> <result name="globalError" type="chain"> ExceptionHandle </result>
>
> </global-results>
>
> <global-exception-mappings>
> <exception-mapping exception="java.lang.Exception"
result="globalError"
> />
> </global-exception-mappings>
>
> <action name="ExceptionHandle" class="common.action.ExceptionHandler">
> <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" /> <result name="globalError"
> type="tiles">main.error</result> </action>
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Surya

addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not
immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

transmitted by this email.