struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 Plug-in and JSP 404
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:06:17 GMT
stanlick wrote:
> However, for a plug-in to be a drop-n-go deal, I sort of think the goods
> should all be in the plug-in jar itself?  Make sense?

Agreed, but I believe I've been told that can't be done with jsp
templates.  This is why plugins that I've seen have been implemented in
freemarker.

> I was looking at this
> article, and it appears this cat has a JSP working in his plug-in?
>
> http://www.struts2.org/category/struts2-plugins/

I downloaded that zip, and looked inside the .jars:  no .jsps.

> The reason for this plug-in is to eliminate a couple pages of configuration
> steps for the adopter of my application.  I'd rather not say just drop the
> plug-in in your WEB-INF/lib folder and then copy JSP files here...

I'm simply reporting hear-say here, but I believe you've already hit the
roadblock that'll prevent you from getting farther w/o using a different
template engine.

-Dale