struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Setter in action triggers twice. Bug?
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:02:47 GMT
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Ok I see it now. The staticparams interceptor adds the params to the
> request params map, so that would explain why it is called again. We
> could add a setting to the result to prevent this if needed.

I would argue that each of {staticP,actionMappingP,p}arams should both
set the discovered and acceptable params on the action and add the
discovered and acceptable params to the map so that ParameterAware
actions can be handed the full set of parameters detected by the
interceptors.  It sounds like params is setting both those discovered by
it and those that already managed to get into that map before it runs.
This shouldn't be a big deal as setting a parameter should be
idempotent, but I would agree that this is a bug.

-Dale