struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: unit testing Struts2 application (with Spring and Hibernate)
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:35:16 GMT
PaweĊ‚ Wielgus wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> when i record my tests with selenium ide,
> all click or assert alements takes various loactor addresses,
> very often they contain DOM paths,
> so when layout is changed from tables to divs,
> all these addresses are no longer valid.

On the rare occasions I use the IDE to generate the script I find I
always modify it pretty heavily--since I am pretty good about marking up
my HTML it's almost easier to just write the tests by hand so I can
target only the most-specific elements I'm looking for.

I'm rarely bitten by layout changes since the important stuff doesn't
change much regardless of its surroundings.

YMMV :)

Dave