struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ashish Kulkarni <ashish.kulkarn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handle Japanese characters from jsp page into ActionClass
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:27:39 GMT
HiSo basically in my web.xml i add CharacterEncodingFilter  as the first
filter and it will be handled in web application as first filter,
i have 3 different filters already defined, so
adding CharacterEncodingFilter on top will ensure that it will be the first
filter to be called



On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Greg Lindholm <greg.lindholm@gmail.com>wrote:

> That filter will work with struts 1. Just be sure it's early in the filter
> chain before anyone is reading the request.
> I always make it the first filter.
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Ashish Kulkarni <
> ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > HiI am using struts 1.2.6 and not yes in struts 2,
> > So should i just put in a general filter to do encoding?
> >
> > Ashish
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Greg Lindholm <greg.lindholm@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Ashish Kulkarni <
> > > ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > HiI have a jsp page which displays data in UTF-8 encoding, there is a
> > > input
> > > > text field, when user enter japanese characters in this input text
> and
> > > data
> > > > is transferred to Actionclass i get junk value,
> > > >
> > > > How do i handle japanese characters in ActionClass, do i have to do
> > > > anything
> > > > special in servlet or in JSP?
> > > >
> > > > I did try to put request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8"); in my Action
> > > class,
> > > > but still does not work.
> > > >
> > > > JSP page displays proper japanese characters as it is uses UTF-8 for
> > > > encoding,
> > > >
> > > > Is there a solution which will work for tomcat, weblogic and
> websphere
> > > > application server? or is encoding handled seperately by different
> app
> > > > servers
> > > >
> > >
> > > Setting character encoding in your action is too late, the parameters
> > have
> > > already been read from the request.
> > > You need to set the character encoding in a filter that runs before the
> > > struts2 filter.
> > >
> > > There is a simple filter that will do it.  You just need to add this
> > filter
> > > to your web.xml before the struts2 filter.
> > >
> > > public class CharacterEncodingFilter implements Filter
> > > {
> > >    public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse
> response,
> > > FilterChain next)
> > >        throws IOException, ServletException
> > >    {
> > >        String encoding = request.getCharacterEncoding();
> > >        if (encoding == null || encoding.length() == 0)
> > >        {
> > >            request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
> > >        }
> > >
> > >        next.doFilter(request, response);
> > >    }
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message