struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Struts w/Ajax with Struts again
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 01:32:17 GMT

ajax's responsibility is to return either json or html formatted text to innerHtml attribute
of div tag identified in ajax call

other activity such as refreshing session attributes would need to take place

in the action class..upon return from action all tags of the jsp would re-display the content
based on the refreshed state for those session attributes

another strategy is to create and/or modify a jsp in the action and on return forwards to
a result *which will forward to the just created or modified jsp*

you're welcome
Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:45:18 -0700
> From: cpanon@yahoo.com
> Subject: Struts w/Ajax with Struts again
> To: user@struts.apache.org
>
> Hello
> I am able to use an Ajax call to a struts action and with getInputForward() get the get
the data back.  (With prototpye and json, very, very elegant).  I am now realizing that I
have cases where I want to reprocess all components, i.e. I want the actionForm to be updated
and the jsp recalculated, I want the session objects to be reprocessed so my iterate tags
will show the updates, etc.  I understand how with getInputForward it doesnt happen.  If I
setAttribute(), the original value that was processed when the form first generated is all
that ever shows.  A simple findForward() does not force the reprocessing,ie still the original
values of the actionsForm members.  Is there a way to force a complete reprocessing the jsp
from within an action?  tia.

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check
it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports