struts-user mailing list archives

From Peter Björkman <pe...@josh.se>
Subject Problem with s:text expansion...
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:21:18 GMT

Hi! I have an annoying problem with s:text expanding my named resources from
the stack. Example:

<s:text name="user.description" />: <s:property value="user.description" />

The desired behavior is that s:text should print the localized text with the
key "user.description" and s:property should print the value of
user.getDescription() found on the stack. But s:text makes the same
expansion - is it possible to prevent this?

It's of course easy to rename the text key, but since we are many working in
this project, adding things to actions/property files can cause unexpected
behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Peter Björkman