struts-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Schulte <nathan.schu...@ngc.com>
Subject Struts2 + JPA + JSON - Help with error
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:35:32 GMT
Hey all, I've got an issue I can't seem to solve.

I'm using Struts2 with the JSON Plugin.  The error I am receiving is below.
This occurs when trying to access the Action.  I am not sure why this error is
being thrown, but I believe it has something to do with the way I implemented
the "Open Session in View" pattern.

The Action consists of querying via JPA for a List of entities, and returning
ActionSupport.SUCCESS.  The Action has a single result, <result name="success"
type="json"/>.  The entities that the list consists of have lazily fetched
associations.  My solution to the "Open Session in View" pattern is described
here, http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.user/170543, and works
for other result types (specifically the dispatcher type).

Here is a link to the error, http://pastebin.com/m5d0d22c8.

Thanks!