struts-user mailing list archives

From Daniele Development-ML <daniele....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Uploading large files
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:49:58 GMT
Hi All,
I posted an email concerning the uploading of large files and on the
streaming of them into the local HD or database - this email should fall in
the same thread.

Now, always using Struts 1.3 with the Common File API, I'm uploading and
downloading a 1.5 Gb through the web interface and I'm monitoring the
resource of the local system (i.e. memory mainly) using Java VisualVM (tool
that comes with the Sun JDK) and the Windows Task Manager.

I'm surprised to see that with both tools, on the JVM process and on Tomcat
process, I don't see any considerable increase of memory, from which I infer
that some how the file is streamed into the local HD.

I'm a sort of surprised (positively, I mean) as from the Apache Common API
URL I provided and from your other comment it seemed that it was not managed
in this way for Struts 1.

I would like to understand this situation better and I was wondering whether
any of you knows more or can provide some pointers to docs online - I cannot
find anything very specific on this aspect.

Many thanks!

Dan