struts-user mailing list archives

From Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <nil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActionContext.getContext().getSession return null when I test Struts2 action by JUnit.
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:23:29 GMT
Well, if that was a question, then I didn't see it....

I would certainly prefer implementing SessionAware, if it's an action
you're testing. But if you really need to set up the ActionContext you
have to create one first and the "activate" it. If you look at the
xwork source code for 2.0.5 you can see that the ActionContext is
lazily created for you when getContext() is invoked, whereas in 2.1.2,
the context is no longer being created if it does not exist.

Nils-H

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Juanjo Cuadrado<jjcuadrado@gmail.com> wrote:
> And... what is the problem??? I have the same problem with junit test and
> actions. No matter how long ago the comment was written. He might have found
> out already, but I not and he not has written the solution here.
>
> But I wan to say a thing... When you does
> "ActionContext.getContext().setSession(param)" with xwork-2.1.2, you get a
> NullPointerException, but if you do it with xwork-2.0.5, it works.
>
> If any know what is happening, I would be extremely grateful.
>

> 2009/8/3 Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <nilsga@gmail.com>
>
>> He might have found out already, considering this was posted 1,5 years
>> ago...
>>
>> Nils-H
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Juanjo Cuadrado<jjcuadrado@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > That is wrong... if you do this, throws a NullPointerException...

>> in
(not