struts-user mailing list archives

From Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <nil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mixing portlet with regular pages
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 21:53:20 GMT

> probably wise to beg off this particular plugin until all P1 bugs are quashed

Very insightful...

> the JSR268 readme and core sample is located at
> https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_JCP-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewFilteredProducts-SimpleBundleDownload

I'm not sure what you're trying to link to, but that only gives "The
product you requested is not available at this time" for me.

> i would strongly suggest implementing your Portlets with JetSpeed 2 released in May 2009
> among the features:
> Secure Access - Security based on standards, ACLsSingle Point of Entry (SSO, Federated)
Enterprise Integration -  (EAI, integration points)Personalization - (customizers, skins)
Dynamic Web Components - (portlets based on standards-in this case JSR268)
> Scaleable, Component Architecture featuring multi-threading libraries
>
> there are roughly 17 rfcs the JSR-268 support ..get to know them on need-to-know basis
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2

I'd be very surprised if Jetspeed2 implements JSR-268...

Nils-H