struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Mixing portlet with regular pages
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:14:18 GMT

probably wise to beg off this particular plugin until all P1 bugs are quashed

the JSR268 readme and core sample is located at
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_JCP-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewFilteredProducts-SimpleBundleDownload

i would strongly suggest implementing your Portlets with JetSpeed 2 released in May 2009
among the features:
Secure Access - Security based on standards, ACLsSingle Point of Entry (SSO, Federated) Enterprise
Integration -  (EAI, integration points)Personalization - (customizers, skins) Dynamic Web
Components - (portlets based on standards-in this case JSR268)
Scaleable, Component Architecture featuring multi-threading libraries

there are roughly 17 rfcs the JSR-268 support ..get to know them on need-to-know basis
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2

feel free to ping me offline for any questions
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:40:01 +0200
> Subject: Re: Mixing portlet with regular pages
> From: nilsga@gmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
>
> What do you mean by "accessed from a totally different server"? Are
> you referring to WSRP?
>
> There's a bug in the current version that causes some problems when
> you mix servlet actions and portlet actions in the same app. The next
> version (hopefully 2.1.8) should have this bug fixed.
>
> Nils-H
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Scott Nesbitt<scottnesbitt@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > I have an existing Struts 2.1.6 configuration that is working fine.  I am interested
in adding a new page that contains a single portlet, and also having the portlet be accessed
from a totally different server.  Is this possible with the Struts portlet plugin?

> > I have read the portlet plugin and tutorial pages and am about to dive into this
but wanted to make sure it is feasible first.