struts-user mailing list archives

From phillips1021 <bphill...@ku.edu>
Subject Re: Problem Using Struts 2.1.8 Portlet Plugin With redirectAction
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:28:40 GMT

I changed my struts.xml configuration to use type chain instead of type
redirectAction

		<action name="deleteEmployee"
class="com.struts2.tutorial.action.EmployeeAction" method="delete">
			<result name="success" type="chain">index</result>
			<result name="input">/portlet/employeeFormPortlet.jsp</result>
		</action>

and now it works.

So despite the warning about using type="chain" here:

http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8/docs/action-chaining.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8/docs/action-chaining.html

is it appropriate to use type="chain" for a Struts 2 portlet application?

Bruce

I have a Struts 2 portlet application that works fine using Struts 2.0.14.

We could not get it to work using 2.1.6 and the 2.1.6 portlet plugin due to
the problem the 2.1.6 portlet plugin version had with the s:form tag (see
http://www.nabble.com/Error-when-deploying-portlets-beside-a-normal-Struts2-web-app--tc23981728.html#a24117787
http://www.nabble.com/Error-when-deploying-portlets-beside-a-normal-Struts2-web-app--tc23981728.html#a24117787

(JIRA Issue WW-3164).

Now that Struts 2.1.8 is out I wanted to use that version in my Struts 2
portlet application.

After upgrading my pom.xml to 2.1.8 and adding the dependency for the 2.1.8
portlet plugin I rebuild and tested my Struts 2 portlet application.

Struts 2.1.8 portlet plugin fixed the issue with the s:form tag.  However,
now my actions for the portlet view that use type="redirectAction" fail.