struts-user mailing list archives

From "kaushal.sharma" <kaushalksharma.mt...@gmail.com>
Subject In struts, How to solve this with Database and jsp?
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 19:59:57 GMT

Hi All,

i am new to struts and i have a problem to store the values to my database
and retrieve the values to my jsp, hope you people can solve this ....
:confused:

i am getting the records from database to my jsp, in a tabular format as 1
Record in 1 ROW.
for ex.

>> First ROW Record       >>   1. selectbox     2. textfield     3. checkbox

>> 4. checkbox     5. textfield     6. checkbox     7. CancelIMAGE
>> Second ROW Record   >>   1. selectbox     2. textfield     3. checkbox
>> 4. checkbox     5. textfield     6. checkbox     7. Cancel IMAGE

:working:
Q 1.  How can i get the values for all the fields from the database and how
can i store all of them back to database?
Q 2.  I am not using <form> for this tabular form, and i used to Javascript
functions on my JSP page,
        ONE for "DELETE ROW" and
        SECOND for "ADD NEW ROW"
        Both functions are working fine on jsp but not sure how these
functions will delete and add the row from / to database?

FYI

  	function addRow(tableID)
			{
				var table = document.getElementById(tableID);
         		        var rowCount = table.rows.length;
				var row = table.insertRow(rowCount);
				var colCount = table.rows[0].cells.length;

				alert(table.rows.length - 1);                 // deleting the first row
in counter for table index...

				for(var i=0; i<colCount; i++)
				{
					var newcell = row.insertCell(i);

					newcell.innerHTML = table.rows[1].cells[i].innerHTML;
				}
			}

			function deleteRow(target)
			{
				do {
				    if ( target.nodeName.toUpperCase() == 'TR' ) {
						target.parentNode.removeChild(target);
					    break;
				    }
					alert(target);

				} while ( target = target.parentNode );

			}

hope you people don't mind to provide me the code and helpful tips, as i am
new to struts i feel you people will help me this way ASAP.  :-)

One more thing, please provide me some example tutorials for struts, so that
i'll understand,

-Thanks in Advance.
Kaushal K. Sharma