struts-user mailing list archives

From sonavor ...@worleytown.com>
Subject Problem adding sslext to Struts application
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:09:56 GMT

I am trying to provide http/https switching on some URL patterns in my web
application.  This web application is running on Tomcat 5.5 and is using
Apache 2.2 as the web server.  The version of Struts that I am using is
1.2.9.

I have the Apache 2.2 web server setup with a self-signed certificate and it
works fine.  In the Struts application I have added the necessary sslext.jar
and the tld as well as modified the struts-config.xml (and necessary JSP
sections).  Everything compiles and all of the non-SSL pages work fine.

The problem I am having is with the links and pages that I have set to
require HTTPS.  For example, the login screen.  I set my login path in my
Struts configuration file like this -
<action path="/secure/userLogin" forward="/secure/Welcome.do">
      <set-property property="secure" value="true"/>
</action>

In the JSP I am using the sslext:link tag like this -
<sslext:link action="/secure/userLogin.do"
styleClass="logintext">Login</sslext:link>

When the application is running the login link looks correct to me -
https://localhost/MyWebApp/secure/userLogin.do;jsessionid=263BFC7F3E6E33BAAC22A28723763FA4

However, when I try the link I end up with this failure message -
Not Found
The requested URL
/MyWebApp/register.do;jsessionid=263BFC7F3E6E33BAAC22A28723763FA4 was not
found on this server.

I can change the Struts config action definition to this -
<action path="/secure/userLogin" forward="/secure/Welcome.do">
      <set-property property="secure" value="false"/>
</action>

and the login link will change to -
http://localhost/MyWebApp/secure/userLogin.do

That login works (but it uses HTTP and not HTTPS).

Does anyone know why the Struts action path is not being found when HTTPS is
turned on?

Thanks,
-sonavor