struts-user mailing list archives

From Tommy Pham <tommy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: In struts, How to solve this with Database and jsp?
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:38:39 GMT
---- Original Message ----

If I'm not mistaken, the problem you're facing is not with Struts in particular but with understanding
the fundamentals of Java.

> Q 1.  How can i get the values for all the fields from the database and how
> can i store all of them back to database?

Basic is straight JDBC calls.  More advanced is EJB, persistence (like Hibernate), etc.  Before
getting into JDBC or more advanced technology, strong grasp of basic SQL syntax is required.

> Q 2.  I am not using
for this tabular form, and i used to Javascript
> functions on my JSP page,
>         ONE for "DELETE ROW" and
>         SECOND for "ADD NEW ROW"
>         Both functions are working fine on jsp but not sure how these
> functions will delete and add the row from / to database?

See above.  Full understanding of database access layer will answer this question for you.

Regards,
Tommy