struts-user mailing list archives

From Tommy Pham <tommy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: In struts, How to solve this with Database and jsp?
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 22:31:07 GMT
--- On Sun, 10/4/09, kaushal.sharma <kaushalksharma.mtech@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: kaushal.sharma <kaushalksharma.mtech@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: In struts, How to solve this with Database and jsp?
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Date: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 3:49 PM
>
> Hi Tommy,
>
> I know the fundamental of java, but quite new to struts.
>
> i know my action is getting the data from the database and
> populating the
> jsp tabular form through a bean and same at reverse.
>
> but my query is...
>
> how to add a row/ delete a row /save complete form to/from
> my database
> through a javascript function
>
> i tried it but just got stuck.
>
> if you need i can provide you my code. Please help me with
> some code
> suggestion. :confused:
>

> -Thanks & Regards,
> Kaushal K. Sharma

<snip>

Then you don't know how to do post data via GET/POST ?  Which is the basic of html form submission.
 Case in point:

1) The client (you) have data to submit to the server (either javascript or html form which
still be either GET/POST).  Struts doesn't care how the data is submitted (javascript, html
form, curl, or another TCP app doing HTTP calls/POST) unless you use struts specific tags
which you didn't mention nor show the related code.

2) On the server (your web app), you can use servlet, Struts, or other framework to accept
or not, validate, and sanitize the input.  If you don't understand how struts accept html
form type data input submission, you could try google or read the struts documentation/guide
related to the struts version you're implementing.  Or provide the Struts related code you
have already, the Struts version you're implementing, and the error message(s) where your
code fails.  Which you also didn't provide.

3) Using database abstraction layer to make changes to the DB, which at this point is not
Struts related.  Thus goes back to original reply of using JDBC calls, or more advance concepts
(like EJB, persistence, etc).

Regards,
Tommy