struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: struts1.3.10, tomcat 5.5.23, memory leak?
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:00:18 GMT

>>> Still see not-released webapp classes even actionForm & actionClasses are
>>> shown. May I know why these classes are not auto-released after webapp has
>>> been stopped from tomcat server?
>
> Why would GarbageCollector need to release them? Because You want it?
> GC is a tricky beast and it's not listening to anybody.

Thanks.

Run jmap this morning again - some classes are released.

56    1    webapp.SearchActionForm    -- released
40    1    webapp.LocalUserBean       -- released
24    1    webapp.HelpActionForm      -- released
16    1    webapp.ProcessLogin        -- released
8     1    webapp.AuthenticationLists -- released

Not released ones:
32    1    webapp.ProcessLoginAction
16    1    webapp.filter.AuthenticatedFilter
16    1    webapp.filter.ReadWriteFullControlFilter

Should there be parameters control how long classes are released? If
yes, where are they?

Thanks a lot,

--
Lu Ying