struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: struts2.1.8 generator tag problem
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2009 04:29:38 GMT
shenxiaojing wrote:
> http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8/docs/generator.html
> Example Three doesn't work!!!

Unless I'm mistaken the documentation (in this case in the code
comments) is not correct.  It doesn't put it in the PageContext, it puts
it into the context that's a part of the OGNL ValueStack.

So (I'm guessing, I haven't tested any of this) if you set var="blah"
you should be able to use it via <s:iterator
value="#blah">...</s:iterator> or in a scriptlet from just the
pageContext via
((ValueStack)(((HttpServletRequest)pageContext.getRequest()).getAttribute(ServletActionContext.STRUTS_VALUESTACK_KEY))).getContext().get("blah")

If you want to promote something from the ognl context to the
pageContext, look at the s:set tag, with scope="page".

-Dale